Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Eight Signs that I'm Back in the South

Since moving back to South Carolina from Maine last week, I've noticed a lot of differences. These things have been common occurrences my whole life, but I haven't really noticed them until they were gone. Boy, am I glad to be back in the South!

1. I have to change shirts after returning from my walk to the mailbox. 

2a. A local car dealership commercial says, "Come on down after Sunday service."
2b. The weatherman said that the rain would be gone by the end of most church services. 

3. I can't get out of Wal-Mart without seven people talking to me, and I don't even know any of them.

4. The waitress at a restaurant specifically asks if I want a sweet tea. Uh, yes please.

5. It's a total waste of time to straighten my hair (or do anything with it but wear it in a bun).

6. The thought of wearing jeans makes me sweat.

7. I can eat at Cracker Barrel or Chick-Fil-A anytime I want (except for Sundays of course).

8. AND my sister can actually drive down for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment