Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Week with a Stay-At-Home Husband

I just want to start by gloating about the weather that I've gotten to enjoy this week. And after the winter I've endured, I have every right to gloat. It's been in the sixties and sunny for the past 4-5 days, and this week's forecast isn't predicting anything but warmer and sunnier skies. That, my friends, makes me one happy girl.

Now onto the main topic.

A couple weeks ago, Patrick was off for a shut down week. It was a long overdue break for him, but it didn't slow him down one bit. He wanted to cook supper the first two days, which is a HUGE deal. He's always been interested in the whole cooking process and even watches a couple cooking shows with me, but he's never attempted to make even a side dish. So when he agreed to make dinner, I did not oppose.

After working all day on Monday, I came home to a fresh fruit salad and chicken thawing for dinner. I was totally impressed. Hubs had gone to the store, bought all the fruit and ingredients for dinner, and prepared the salad before I even got home. Plus, he took a picture of the ingredients for my blog (Sorry, we didn't get an after shot.). I could really get used to this.


This fruit salad was unlike any other I've had before because it had the nuttiness and chocolate crunch of the trail mix. I ate it for every meal until it was no more. So, for the first time in married-life history, I'm sharing a recipe created by my husband.


This is the perfect dish for the hot, humid summer days ahead. Light, refreshing, and a touch of chocolate. Yes, please.


Diana



No comments:

Post a Comment