Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Confession

I would like to think of myself as a mature, well-educated woman who only reads from the literary canon and The New Yorker and watches award-winning historical documentaries and world news. But in all reality, I'm a sucker for reality shows, day time TV, and romantic comedies. I'm actually extremely distracted right now because I'm watching Mean Girls 2 on E!, sorry.

With that said, I'll go ahead and admit it, I miss the cheesy, dumb,  scripted . . . romantic, passionate, totally real Bachelor. I have real emotions with the girls on the show. I love them, hate them, laugh and cry with them, and by the end, I feel as though I'm the third wheel in the engagement. Then, I'm dumped. No more dates, family time, gushy conversations...nothing. I feel like this after every season. The happy new couple gets to go on with their steamy, new relationship, and I'm left wondering if everything is working out and how the wedding planning is going. Plus, it's the only time of year that I look forward to Mondays.

If you didn't think I was creepy before, have I now convinced you otherwise? If not, then congratulations, you're a creepy Bachelor fanatic too. Welcome to the imaginary club, "Girls Who Daydream of Past Bachelor Episodes."

I could seriously write a 5,000 word essay on my thoughts of every girl on the last season, but I'll spare you...this time. Only a few more months until Des' season!

                                            

All of this romantic love talk has got me thinking of the hubs and my wedding. Post about all the big day to come? I'll think about it. 

For now, I've got other weddings on my mind...like my super cool friend Carla's, which is this Saturday in Florida!!!! Ahhh, I want to be there! And of course my best bud Kayla's wedding in June. To bring this post full circle, these two gals are proud members of the "Girls Who Daydream of Past Bachelor Episodes Club" for sure! We spent many Mondays watching The Bachelore/ette and eating Chick-Fil-A. Those days are missed big time!


Have a Happy Thursday y'all, and Happy Wedding Week, Carla!












No comments:

Post a Comment